Beviss & Beckingsale has a long established relationship with farmers, landowners and landed estates having acted for several generations of farming families for over 150 years. We always aim to build up a long term relationship with you and your family and have a dedicated team of lawyers all of whom have a detailed understanding of issues relevant to farmers and landowners. We are members of the Agricultural Law Association and the Country Landand Business Association and are actively involved in the rural community.
Unlike many lawyers we are not limited to normal office hours of 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. There is normally a lawyer available from 7.00 a.m. until 7.00 p.m. – and often later!
Amongst the services that we offer which would benefit farming clients are:
- Agricultural tenancies, grass keep and grazing agreements
- Tax mitigation
- Protecting the family farm for future generations
- Farming partnership agreements
- Farm and land sales and purchases
- Share farming agreements, joint venture agreements and company incorporation
- Boundary disputes and rights of way
- Partnership disputes
- Livestock health and environment issues
- The law relating to animals, equestrian businesses and livery agreements, renewal and revocation of shotgun and firearms licences
- Implications of the Hunting Act 2004
- The effects of diversification on your business and tax position
Please do contact us if you would like to know more about our services and the way we work. We are more than happy to discuss matters with you on an informal basis.